A potentially historic winter storm was closing in on New England on Friday with tens of millions of people in its sights. The storm has canceled thousands of flights and could bring 2 feet of snow to cities like Boston.
Northeast braces for “historic winter storm”
- 8562No CommentsNortheast+braces+for+%22historic+winter+storm%222013-02-08+18%3A59%3A08davemarzullowgnamhttp%3A%2F%2Fwgnradio.com%2F%3Fexternal_media%3Dnortheast-braces-for-historic-winter-storm
- Banks shed foreclosures, reap benefits December 20, 2013The idea seems noble enough: Financial institutions donate foreclosed homes to charities, which then hire local residents to rehab the properties for ownership by low- to moderate-income families. But the real story of this urban renewal effort is not so simple, the Tribune found. […]
- Dozens cram meeting on assault near CPS Safe Passage route December 20, 2013About 140 Belmont Cragin residents, many demanding more police presence and action on the part of public officials, packed a community meeting Thursday night organized after a 15-year-old girl was found sexually assaulted this week on her way to school. […]
- Homicides drop sharply after a violent 2012 December 20, 2013Chicago's 2013 decrease comes in wake of police adjustmentsChicago police credit a double-digit percentage dip in homicides to the department's flooding the most dangerous neighborhoods with hundreds of extra cops. […]
- Obama orders release of Rockford man jailed for life December 20, 2013President Barack Obama has commuted the sentence of a 39-year-old Rockford man who was sentenced to life in prison for a non-violent drug offense he committed as a teen. […]
- London theater collapse injures dozens December 20, 2013Emergency services said nearly 90 people had been injured in a packed London theater on Thursday when part of the ceiling collapsed during a performance, bringing the city's West End theatre district to a standstill. […]