French-born culinary travel expert Aurelie Brown and SideTour present an immersion walk-around tasting of the Chicago French Market. Participants will learn how to shop for a French-style meal, while enjoying delicious samples of traditional ingredients and classic dishes from some of the city’s finest artisans.
- Walk-around tasting blends food, history, and traditions to satisfy an appetite for French culture – no passport needed
- Tours are infused with “art de vivre” by Aurelie Brown, a French native, culinary expert, and tour curator for Food Pyrenees
- Award-winning artisans share the stories behind the finest oils, French cheeses and wines, and traditional desserts
- Guests enjoy specially prepared tasting samples at participating venues such as Pastoral Artisan Cheese Bread & Wine, Oh, Olive!, and FliPCrepes
- Foodies get expert insights into shopping for a French-style meal, and will find new ingredients or gourmet gift ideas
- Tour is entirely indoors
Saturday, February 9, 2013, 10 a.m. – Chicago French Market in the West Loop (117 N Clinton St)
Saturday, March 9, 2013, 10 a.m. – Chicago French Market in the West Loop (117 N Clinton St)
Ticket price: $35, includes 1.5-hour tour and all tastings.
Advance ticket purchase is required – only 8 spots available. Visit http://www.sidetour.com/experiences/explore-french-cuisine-with-a-trip-to-the-chicago-french-market for details.
Must be 21 years of age or older to attend.