NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The “Do You Think I’m Sexy” contest (“Sweepstakes”) starts at 3:00 p.m. CT on Monday, February 4, 2013 and ends at 9 a.m. CT on Wednesday, February 13. This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees (and their immediate household or family members) of WGN Radio (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. Employees of participating clients and their advertising agencies, or of other media companies including all radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met. Void where prohibited. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Illinois law, excluding choice of law provisions.
By entering, each winner agrees to release Sponsors and their respective parent and affiliated companies, directors, officers, employees, agents, and licensees from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind, arising from the winner’s receipt or use of the contest prize, or any contest-related travel or activity undertaken by the winner. By entering, the winner warrants that WGN Radio will have full permission, without further compensation, to WGN Radio to use the entrant’s name, voice, photograph, likeness, contest entry, and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
Prizes will not be awarded, even if announced, if the contestant is not eligible in accordance with these rules. If you have won a prize valued over $600 from WGN Radio within two years of February 13, 2013 you will not be eligible to enter to win.
By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
By participating, contestants agree WGN Radio has the sole right to determine winners of the contest and all matters and disputes related to the contest, and that its determination will be final and binding. WGN Radio reserves the right to delay contest announcements, postpone or reschedule all or some of the contest events, or modify contest deadlines and/or modify contest deadlines if breaking news, sports coverage or other unanticipated events preempt regular programming. If such changes occur, they will be posted on the wgnradio.com website.
2) How to Enter:
To enter, write to Garry Meier your worst pick up line you’ve used or heard when trying to land a date in 150 words or less. E-mail your entry, along with your name, birthdate, current residential address, email address, and telephone number to WGNPickuplines@gmail.com. Entries must be received by 9am on Wednesday, February 13, 2013. Only one entry per email address; only emailed entries will be accepted. You can enter beginning at 3:00pm CT on Monday, February 4, 2013 through 9am CT on Wednesday, February 13, 2013. By submitting an entry, each entrant warrants that he or she is the original author of the work and agrees to allow WGN Radio to read and/or publish his/her email entry on the air or on its website. Sponsor will disqualify all entries that do not comply with the length requirements, fail to provide all information requested above, are received after the contest deadline, contain profane, obscene, or inappropriate language material, or violate the rights of third parties.
Online entries containing technical or electronic reproductions, e-mail entries containing attached files are not eligible and will be rejected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the holder of the e-mail account will be deemed the person who submitted the entry. Limit one entry per person, regardless of method. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. Sponsor is not responsible for inability to transmit Internet entries. Limit one entry per person; duplicate entries from the same person will be disqualified.
On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, WGN Radio staff will review all eligible entries and choose five winners, based upon the originality (50%) and human-interest appeal (50%) of the entry. On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, Garry Meier will announce the grand prize-winning entries on-air and award the Do You Think I’m Sexy contest. The winners are subject to eligibility verification and rules compliance. WGN Radio reserves the right to publish the grand prize winning entry on its website.
3) Winner Notification: On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, Sponsor will select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries and final winner determination will be based upon the originality (50%) and human-interest appeal (50%) of the entry of five qualifying applicants. On Wednesday, February 13, 2013, Garry Meier will announce the grand prize-winning entries on-air and award the Do You Think I’m Sexy contest. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will call winners on Wednesday, February 13, 2013. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (2) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; (3) winner does not claim the certificate within 24 hours of prize notification; and/or (4) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
4) Prizes: Prizes and Delivery: Grand Prizes (5 total):
Five (5) winners will receive a pair of tickets to the Rod Stewart concert at the United Center on April 10, 2013. Winner will be responsible for any applicable taxes and all other expenses related to the grand prize that are not mentioned above. Tickets have no monetary value and cannot be redeemed for cash. Tickets are non-transferrable, non-extendable.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of grand prize: $200. Sponsor notify winners of prize redemption instructions.
Each winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner’s prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed and prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability, or fitness of the prize items. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Winners will be responsible for all applicable taxes. All federal, state and local laws apply.
5) Other Conditions: Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release, and, if so, it must be returned to Sponsor within one week of the date Sponsor sends it to the winner. Failure to return such document will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize.
Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of the Station.
The Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest, or in the announcement of a prize.
If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the contest or any portion of the contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in Internet entries, including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by WGN Radio for marketing or promotional purposes.
6) Fraud/Tampering: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; or (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes.
7) Winner List or Official Rules: For an Official Winner List (available after February 13, 2013), or a copy of these Official Rules, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to WGN Radio, Attn: “Do You Think I’m Sexy Contest”, 435 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611. Official Rules are also available at www.wgnradio.com/contests. All requests for Official Rules or Winner List must be received by February 13, 2013.
8) Sponsor: WGN Radio, 435 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.
SWEEPSTAKES ABBREVIATED RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Enter between 3 p.m. CT on 02/04/13 and 9 a.m. CT on 02/13/13. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, or Iowa ages eighteen (18) years and older at the time of entry. Odds of winning depend on the number and qualifying entries received. To enter: write to Garry Meier your worst pick up line you’ve used or heard when trying to land a date in 150 words or less. E-mail your entry, along with your name, birthdate, current residential address, email address, and telephone number to WGNpickuplines@gmail.com. Entries must be received by 9am on Wednesday, February 13, 2013. Only one entry per email address; only emailed entries will be accepted. One entry per person permitted. Prizes and Delivery: Grand Prizes (5 total): 5 winners will receive a pair of tickets to the Rod Stewart concert on April 10th at the United Center. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of grand prize: $200. Winner will be called and given redemption instructions. All costs or expenses involved in using the prize are the responsibility of the winner. There are no substitute prizes. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. All federal, state and local laws apply. Sponsor: WGN Radio, 435 N. Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611.