Wrigley field: a delicate balance of history and business. The ballpark needs hundreds of millions of dollars in renovations- but how do you do that without ruining one of the city s most beloved landmarks? Saturday, the team s owners- the Ricketts family- tried to answer that question and many others at the annual Cubs Convention.
Ricketts asks for easing of landmark restrictions on Wrigley Field
The Cubs and owner Tom Ricketts are looking to make renovations to Wrigley Field with goals of modernizing the historic park’s facilities and increasing revenue opportunities. Various groups oppose elements of the plans. And, some have come forward with their own proposals for the Cubs.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
If you want to be a true hawks fan you have to look the part! Garry Meier can announces the winner of the hawks jersey giveaway at 4:37pm16 hours
- Samardzija gem helps Cubs to 4-2 victory June 19, 2013Back-to-back 2-out doubles and 2 homers do in Cardinals ace WainwrightST. LOUIS — The Cubs and Cardinals have played 20,321 games since 1876, but few have had stranger endings than Tuesday night's affair at Busch Stadium. […]
- Finding closer no easy task June 19, 2013Cubs failures point to difficulty, but they have trouble with final 9 outs, not just last 3ST. LOUIS — The Cubs went through Carlos Marmol, Kyuji Fujikawa and a closer-by-committee strategy the first two weeks of the season before rescuing Kevin Gregg from the scrap heap in mid-April and watching him succeed in his old role. […]
- Rizzo sits for first time this season; Ransom at first June 18, 2013ST. LOUIS -- Anthony Rizzo will get a seat on the Chicago Cubs bench for the first time this season in tonight's game against St. Louis. […]
- Your Morning Phil: Crain, Cooper, Sveum June 18, 2013Talking baseball while wondering how the Blackhawks can overcome the Patrice Bergeron face-off factor. […]
- Sveum ejected in Cubs 5-2 loss to Cardinals June 18, 2013ST. LOUIS -- On another eventful day for the Cubs, Travis Wood lost another well-pitched game and manager Dale Sveum was ejected in a 5-2 loss to St. Louis. […]