The second inmate who made a daring escape last month from a high-rise federal jail in the South Loop was captured today in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, according to law enforcement sources.
Sources: 2nd escaped bank robber caught
Convicts escape from Metropolitan Correctional Center
The FBI is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the capture of two convicted robbers who rappelled down the side of a high-rise federal jail in the South Loop, scurrying some 15 floors to freedom on a rope made of bedsheets.
- Share Story
You Might Also Like
Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin says the state will spare no resource following the massive EF4 tornado that tore through the state today.5 hours
NWS has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Cook County until 3 AM. Storms are expected to reach downtown Chicago by 1030 PM.5 hours
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings, trail series 2-1 May 21, 2013Back-to-back defeats leave them in 2-1 series hole with Game 3 in DetroitThe Red Wings scored two quick goals in the second period and held on for a 3-1 win over the Blackhawks in Game 3 of the Western Conference semifinals. […]
- Twister kills dozens in Oklahoma May 21, 2013A massive tornado with winds of up to 200 miles per hour devastated the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore today, destroying at least two elementary schools and killing at least 51 people, including 20 children. […]
- Source: Fewer than 5 schools to be spared despite protests May 21, 2013Pressured for months by teachers, community leaders and aldermen, Mayor Rahm Emanuel's hand-picked school board is nonetheless expected on Wednesday to approve closing all but a few of the 53 elementary schools the administration wants to shut down. […]
- Woman suing Trump: 'Somebody had to stand up to him' May 21, 2013A Chicago woman who sued Donald Trump over a failed condo deal testified today she felt conned when she found out that key incentives to investors had been revoked. […]
- Protesters arrested at school closings rally at City Hall May 21, 2013More than 20 people protesting Chicago Public School plans to close 53 elementary schools were arrested this afternoon at City Hall, officials said. […]