Banned Phrases

Tom Pink, Public Relations Director at the Lake Superior State University, joins Mike in discussing the “banned phrases” of the year that have been compiled over the course of 2012. Tom has been compiling lists since 1976.

10 Comments to “Banned Phrases”

Dave said:
    January 2, 2013 at 7:23 PM

OK, WGN here is a comment. Bring back the old way of podcasts. This is crap and I do not understand why you don't know it. I am not in the listening area so it is podcast or nothing. Why did you choose nothing?

Blake said:
    January 2, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Why is the Mike Mcconnell podcasts so short now? I do not like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve said:
    January 2, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Bring back full show podcasts. I can't get WGN, but I listen to Mike regularly via podcast. The new short podcasts aren't near as good as the old full show.

Kenn said:
    January 2, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Here's another vote for podcasts…….. From your listeners in the Dayton area.

Belfast John said:
    January 3, 2013 at 3:26 AM

Please bring back the full podcasts.
    It is not the same to hear only these short bits

I understand as someone that lives far from Chicago I will not be spending money at all your sponsors, but listeners to your podcast do see the advertisements on the site. Right now Tesco and Harris bank.
    I will not be viewing as often with the new set up

Joey Ramone said:
    January 3, 2013 at 7:56 AM

Wow this new site it great!!!!!!! No list of guest and podcast clips, no full show podcasts and lots of ads about dementia, cancer and other illnesses. Thanks WGN!

Dirk Diggler said:
    January 3, 2013 at 10:12 AM

O.K. – How many comments must be posted before you put the FULL SHOW podcasts back on the website? The best parts of Mike's show are when he has no guests and he is not talking about a topic, but when he is rambling and telling stories and talking to Andrea and Steve. This is what we miss without the FULL SHOW podcasts. Just tell us the number of requests you require before you put the FULL SHOW podcasts back and we will meet that requirement.

bree said:
    January 3, 2013 at 1:06 PM

I agree–bring back the hourly podcasts!!!

Steve White said:
    January 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM

What in the sam hill is THIS! I thought it was a joke, but I guess not. Hey WGN, about the only thing worth listening to an am radio IS Mike, so BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL FORMAT!
    Hey Mike, ever think about moving? Movingy to FM?

Randy said:
    January 4, 2013 at 10:02 AM

BRING BACK THE MIKE MCCONNELL PODCAST!!! PLEASE?