One of the bank robbers who used bed sheets to escape from jail this week has been captured.
Prisoner captured after 2-day escape from South Loop jail
Convicts escape from Metropolitan Correctional Center
The FBI is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the capture of two convicted robbers who rappelled down the side of a high-rise federal jail in the South Loop, scurrying some 15 floors to freedom on a rope made of bedsheets.
- Share Story
- Mariano's closes on Dominick's acquisition December 20, 2013Mariano's closed on its $36 million acquisition of 11 Dominick's locations Friday, laying out a transition schedule that includes Dominick's continuing to operate the grocery stores under a sublease agreement over the next several months. […]
- Slick commute could be start to dangerous travel weekend December 20, 2013Motorists and pedestrians should expect a slick afternoon commute as the area gears up for a busy - and potentially dangerous - holiday travel weekend. […]
- No bail for man charged in Rogers Park attack that blinded woman December 20, 2013A judge denied bail today for a 23-year-old man accused of a knife attack in the Rogers Park neighborhood that blinded a woman Thursday morning. […]
- Man killed by police after bank robbery tied to double murder December 20, 2013Evanston police announced today they believe the man police shot and killed this week after a downtown bank robbery also is responsible for murdering two Evanston brothers in the basement of their tobacco shop this July. […]
- Musician, church deacon killed in shootings blocks apart December 20, 2013A South Side blues musician about to record on a major label and a 74-year-old church deacon known for his work with youth were shot to death blocks away. […]