8-Track Museums

Bucks Burnet, founder of a pair of museum in Dallas, TX and Roxbury, NY, joins Mike McConnell to discuss the world’s only 8-track museums.

19 Comments to “8-Track Museums”

Greg Oen said:
    December 21, 2012 at 6:09 PM

This new website is nice but will we ever get complete podcasts back? I'm sure I'm not alone with this.

Laura said:
      December 22, 2012 at 7:55 AM

I can't listen during Mike's show because of work but always listen to podcasts. I am wondering too if they will come back.

Dell said:
    December 21, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I am not a fan of the new website, and join Greg in wondering if complete podcasts will return.

Dell said:
      December 21, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Found McConnell's full length podcasts on his Facebook page!

Dave said:
    December 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I don't like the new website. I want to see full podcasts come back. I usually listen to the Mike McConnell podcasts every day.

Greg said:
    December 22, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Guys, when I said the website was "nice" I was being diplomatic. Actually I don't like it eithor!

Kirk said:
    December 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I'd like to see Podcast make a return. Saturdays were spent working in the shop listening to Mike McConnell.

JRILL said:
    December 22, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Hate this new site, and where are the podcasts. This stinks.

Greg said:
    December 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

You need to go to Mike's Facebook page. Podcasts are there from Friday's broadcast.

Ivan said:
    December 23, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I am a long time listener from when Mike was still in Ohio and could still enjoy his wisdom through podcast. And could even pause and rewind if needed. I am officially sad this holiday season.

Greg said:
      December 23, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hi, Ivan. I'm a WLW fan too. I'm about 90-95 miles north of Cincinnati. You're right, we had it made with the podcasts at WGN's site. If Kristen is willing to post the shows on Soundcloud, that will be appreciated by a lot of people. It's not as handy but it works.

anthony said:
    December 23, 2012 at 11:00 AM

i just found his 12/21 podcasts on soundcloud.com under kristen deckers name.

Fred Fein said:
    December 24, 2012 at 9:46 AM

In Cincinnati. I downloaded Mike's podcasts all the time and listened at night or in my car. This new site stinks. Bring back the full, downloadable podcasts please …..

John said:
    December 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Podcast is what I want go back to the way

Jim Kizer said:
    December 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Bring Mike's and Bill Leff's podcasts back…I live in Mississippi and they WERE all I listened to in my Silverado…I can't get WGN in north Mississippi…please…Thanks, Kiz

Scott said:
    December 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM

I just finished cussing to myself about the new website—-I see I'm not alone. Would the "Powers to be" please quit screwing around and leave well enough alone.

Greg said:
    December 28, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Maybe it's the cynical side of me but I wonder if it was due to money issues that WGN pulled the podcasts. I would imagine that anything that Mike McConnell or any of WGN's talk hosts says belongs to WGN. They get ZERO revenue from the podcasts since they were commercial free plus they had to pay someone to put them up on the website.

Kyle said:
    December 28, 2012 at 2:51 PM

Huge fan of Mike and I too live in Ohio so the podcast is the only way I can listen. It would be nice if someone from WGN would respond to our comments with an update to what's going on and if they plan on doing anything about the dissatisfaction everyone has with the new setup.

Noreen said:
    December 29, 2012 at 4:56 AM

I don't like this new website at ALL and would love to have the podcasts back. I can't always listen when I'm at work!