‘The Assault Weapons Myth’

Steve Chapman, columnist and editorial writer for the Chicago Tribune, discusses “the Assault Weapons myth” with Mike McConnell.

assaultweapons-ktla

(KTLA file photo)

10 Comments to “‘The Assault Weapons Myth’”

john Gillard said:
    December 20, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I hope this new format doesn't last. I live in Belfast Northern Ireland and download Mike;s show everyday. I listen to it on my daily train commute. It gives me a good grounding in what is happening in the US with out the filters of either the British press, which looks down on many, if not most, differences between here and mid-America, or the main US networks

Lance said:
    December 20, 2012 at 8:09 AM

Agree. This new format is very cumbersome and inefficient as compared to the earlier version. I don't think they have the capacity to admit mistake and go back. So, I guess we are going to have to live with it.

Jimmy said:
    December 20, 2012 at 10:13 AM

I echo the comments above. I am from Cincinnati and have been listening to McConnel every day on WGN ever since he left WLW. Unfortunately, I am working during his live show so I must download his shows later in the day. As Lance stated above, this new format is extremely "cumbersome" and "inefficient." I am not a fan. Maybe it's time for me to go back to listening to WLW in Cincinnati.

Basil said:
    December 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The new format really sux………. but back when Mike came it took them forever (weeks) to get the podcasts up and working properly. WGNs signal sux and unlike WLW you can't get it clearly in Indianapolis

JLPicard said:
    December 20, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I want access to complete show McConnell podcasts. Make it so.

Mike Grooms said:
    December 20, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Full podcasts please…

ochodias said:
    December 21, 2012 at 4:47 AM

This is terrible! How about complete McConnell shows for christmas Santa?

Jim said:
    December 22, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Web site stinks

Dale said:
    December 24, 2012 at 4:03 PM

I love mikes show i have listened for many years on podcast please i need my mike i live in upstate NY and can't hear on radio

Tim said:
    December 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Please add me to the list of those who don't embrace this change. I live away from your signal and can only get thru podcasts. Can't listen at work.