Police are searching for 2 prison runaways who may be armed and have access to half a million dollars.
Police continue hunt for 2 prison escapees
Convicts escape from Metropolitan Correctional Center
The FBI is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the capture of two convicted robbers who rappelled down the side of a high-rise federal jail in the South Loop, scurrying some 15 floors to freedom on a rope made of bedsheets.
- Share Story
- Dominick's potential layoff tally tops 6,000 in Chicago area December 13, 2013The state's employers gave notice of possible layoffs to nearly 1,800 workers last month, according to a report filed Thursday. The state's employers gave notice of possible layoffs to nearly 1,800 workers last month, according to a report. Dominick's potential layoff tally tops 6,000 in the Chicago area when the stores are set to close at the […]
- Mother charged after 7-month-old baby found dead December 12, 2013Police have charged Erica Hampton with child endangerment causing death after her seven-month-old daughter was found dead in a Lawndale apartment Wednesday evening. […]
- Bears clear Cutler to start Sunday December 12, 2013Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler has been medically cleared to play and will start Sunday against the Cleveland Browns, coach Marc Trestman said Thursday. […]
- Chief Keef judge: Ongoing case 'getting ridiculous' December 12, 2013A Cook County judge said today he was losing patience with the multiple court dates and other issues involving the Chicago rapper. […]
- Police: Boy, 7, brought loaded gun to Elgin school December 12, 2013A 7-year-old male student brought a loaded 9-mm handgun to Harriet Gifford Elementary School in Elgin this morning, according to Elgin Police and school officials. […]