As the names of the 26 children and adults who were gunned down at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. were made public on Saturday, the shock of Friday’s massacre gave way to a profound grief.
Shock and grief in Newtown
Newtown school shooting
- TCF to close 37 banks inside Jewel stores December 11, 2013TCF will also add 52 more 'L' station ATMsTCF National Bank said Wednesday it will close 37 branches inside Jewel stores in the Chicago area in order to focus on growth elsewhere, including the addition of more "L" station ATMs. […]
- Ambulance driver charged with DUI after crash December 11, 2013Police say a suburban ambulance driver was three times over the legal limit for alcohol when he ran a red light, his emergency lights and sirens on, and crashed into a pickup truck on the North Side. […]
- Only 7,000 Illinoisans enroll in Obamacare in first 2 months December 11, 2013Through two months of open enrollment in new health insurance plans created under President Obama's health care law, nearly 365,000 Americans have selected policies, including 7,043 in Illinois. […]
- Urlacher backs McCown over Cutler: 'He should be the guy' December 11, 2013Brian Urlacher on "Fox Sports Daily" said that Bears backup quarterback Josh McCown should be the starter over injured Jay Cutler. […]
- Rush hour snowy but smooth, now here comes the cold December 11, 2013A generally smooth rush hour was reported this morning as the second winter storm to hit in four days dropped up to 3 inches of snow across the Chicago area. Next: Brutal cold, with wind chills at 15 to 30 below zero tonight. […]