Woody Allen talks about “Bananas,” his clarinet playing, and God, in two visits in 1971 and 1982.
- Bill Murray November 20, 2013Northshore native Bill Murray talks about his early years at Second City and Saturday Night Live in this 1981 conversation with Roy. (June 19, 1981) Click here to return to the Roy Leonard Audio Archive. For more about Roy … […]
- Full Saturday Podcast 11/9/13 November 10, 2013An abbreviated Saturday show for Nick kicks off with Roy Leonard checking in right out of the National Radio Hall of Fame inductions. We hit Drunks in the News, Straight Outta Context, and Nick D Show Spies; and we have … […]
- Jean Stapleton October 28, 2013Most Americans know her as Archie Bunker’s wife on TV’s “All In the Family.” But in this 1982 interview she tells Roy about her early career on Broadway and in movies and her one woman show where she portrays Eleanor … […]
- Bill Cosby October 14, 2013In this 1978 interview, the man who makes so many people laugh shows a serious side and talks to Roy about his own family and how he’s bringing up his kids. He also talks to listeners and seems happy to … […]
- Ray Rayner September 26, 2013From about 1953 until 1980, Ray Rayner was one Chicago’s most popular television personalities starting at WBBM-TV as the host of a morning show called Rayner Shine. Rayner moved to WGN-TV in 1961 as Sergeant Pettibone, the host of The … […]